HELP EACH OTHER JOINING THIS BRINGS YOU MORE TRAFFIC AND HELPS THIS BLOG

Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!Visit our Forum!

Friday 10 September 2010

Magpies, cotton buds and wet grass.

Three questions for any readers who pass by and read this post.

Are you superstitious ?
Do you believe there should be a little danger in a childs life ?
What would you use if you needed to leave a trail to get you home?

I would say that I am superstitious to an extent, but what I really do try to do is to find signs in everything. Nature is in the main untempered it has no ulterior motive. So when I am lost myself I look around for answers from nature. Whilst walking the dog yesterday I saw 5 magpies. Quiet a record, normally you see them in ones and twos but yesterday there seem to be the whole family.

Count the magpies to tell the future:
One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret
Never to be told

So as I wait for my pieces of silver I move on to the next thing I noticed yesterday. Cotton buds!!! I had been walking the dog yesterday and found for about half a mile a trail of cotton buds leading to a bridge which crosses a local beck. I did wonder if a bridge troll had decided to roam the area but needed a method of finding his way back.

But the thing that stuck in my mind most was when I crossed the bridge you get into the earshot of the local school. All the usual noises of school children running around was sharply broken by a screaming teacher "GET OF THE GRASS IT IS TO WET TO PLAY ON!!!"

Had it been raining ? No. It was the morning dew which hadn't quite burnt off the grass yet. I did wonder at the mentality of all this correctness these days. So it is dangerous to run about on the wet grass because you might slip and fall. But we feel much better if you run around on the concrete because if you trip and fall on the it will be much better than falling on the dew laydened grass.

End of my ramblings and look forward to your answers to my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment